At 10:12 AM 2/13/00 -0500, David Honig wrote:
>At 01:11 PM 2/12/00 -0500, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
>>Given that, it seems to me a society in which cryptography and locks are
>>not needed because privacy is respected with such absolutivity as soon
>>above is also closer to my ideal.
>
>But private data is accidentally revealed, without malice[1].
>That's why we use paper envelopes around our letters.
>Postcards end up in the wrong mailboxes (and some folks
>read everything extremely rapidly and automatically, to their annoyance
>when confronted with idiotic bumper stickers and
>advertising in general.)
>
>Have you never mistaken an identical car for your own, in
>the parking lot, and tried the door?

I doubt that a true cypherpunk has ever mistaken anothers car, for his own.
 Forget the precise lat and lon coordinates maybe, but not mistake someone
elses property.  The balance of your text is based on this false premise,
and is both snipped and unaddressed.

If private data is revealed, by those who do not "own" the data, then a
breach has occurred, whether malice existed or not - this breach should be
punishable, where it isn't already.

Reese