>>Whereas in RSA you form a modulus n as the product of two primes p and
>>q, in my scheme you set n = pqr, where all three are prime.  The order
>>of the multiplicative group modulo n is now (p - 1)(q - 1)(r - 1).
>>You choose e and find d such that de is congruent to 1 modulo
>>(p - 1)(q - 1)(r - 1).

that may or may not work.  i'm not gonna try to work out in my head
which way it goes, but a simple change to an encryption algorithm
doesn't always work (for example, doubling the block size for idea
doesn't work because the 33 bit modulus you'd end up using isn't
prime).

oh, and it *almost certainly* will not work if any of p, q, or r are
equal.

>        A Compaq crypto team has also done research in this area, using
>different numbers of primes with RSA.

anything published and available on line?

--
ha-ha!