Pete Chown <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> suggested a PKC formulation:

>>>Whereas in RSA you form a modulus n as the product of two primes p and
>>>q, in my scheme you set n = pqr, where all three are prime.  The order
>>>of the multiplicative group modulo n is now (p - 1)(q - 1)(r - 1).
>>>You choose e and find d such that de is congruent to 1 modulo
>>>(p - 1)(q - 1)(r - 1).

        Vin McLellan <me> noted that this was not a new idea, and added that
in addition to relevant research at RSA Labs over the years...

>>        A Compaq crypto team has also done research in this area, using
>>different numbers of primes with RSA.

        Andrew Brown <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> asked for a URL that might
describe the Compaq research:

/> anything published and available on line?

        Not that I know of.  The Compaq work was just something I heard
about sometime last year.  Maybe someone from Compaq (or elsewhere) can
offer more details.

        Suerte,

        _Vin