At 02:09 PM 3/7/00, Declan McCullagh wrote:
>A visitor from a subdomain of cis.fed.gov has shown up at the cypherpunks
>photo archive (http://www.mccullagh.org) and seemed particularly
>interested in folks including Tim. Other connections have come from BXA,
>White House, etc. They connected by clicking on URLs I posted to this list.
>
>I say this not because of any suspicions, but because it seems prudent to
>pass on the info. There have been two arrests and convictions of
>cypherpunk subscribers courtesy of cis.fed.gov and their colleagues -- I
>still am not pleased by being compelled by DoJ to testify in one -- and it
>looks like some of the same folks are still hanging out here.

They still visit my site, too - I suspect your visitors may be Secret
Service, as the IRS CID folks seemed to be coming from behind
tcs-gateway[something].treas.gov, and I'm still seeing those hits every two
weeks or so.

They've stopped reading the Jim Bell and Toto files, but seem fond of the
KPFA protest photos and my aging collection of FOIA request letters.

Too bad for them that Freedom isn't compatible with LAN connections. (ugh.)