On Aug 29, 2016 17:03, "juan" <juan....@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Mon, 29 Aug 2016 07:49:28 -0700
> Razer <ray...@riseup.net> wrote:
>
> > On 08/28/2016 08:27 PM, Zenaan Harkness wrote:
> > > Since this discussion is totally absurd, feel free to propose a
> > >     'voluntary' 'anarchist' organization that acts like a
> > > global, totalitarian state (but 'volunarily' eh) so
> > >     that people don't get poisoned when they drink tap water.
> >

> > Why, you're describing Anarcho-"Libertarianism"!
>

>         Who knows what the likes of you mean by 'anarcho
>         libertarianism'
>
>         What I describe above is not libertarian nor anarchist.
>

> > PS. Mark Ame's article from a few years ago about Big Biznezz BFF,
> > Gary Johnson... Libertarian prezidenchul candidate.
>

>         Ah yes, johnson is a libertarian, but above all he's an
>         anarchist.
>
>         He's exactly the same kind of anarchist you are rayzer. An
>         anarchist who suck's the DMV's cock.
>

>         And now rayzer, why don't you go back to fascist-marxists.org
>         and leave the supposeldy libertarian leaning cpunks mailing
>         list alone? You'd do that if you were not a troll on the
>         state's payroll =)

Despite our disagreements about the motivations of certain organizations, I
think I'm in pretty much complete agreement with everything you've said on
this thread, lower-case-juan. We probably even agree on how free-market the
current system is, i.e. not at all free.

I think rayzer complains somewhere on the thread about libertarians being
apologists for the status quo. I do think that happens all top often, but
that's not a reason to think that freedom will lead to the abuses we see
now. People allow the abuses we see now because they think that's the cost
of preventing worse abuses. IMO they've been watching too much Walking
Dead. Hollywood loves the whole "breakdown of civilization" trope, but you
have to be wearing pretty darkly confirmation-bias-colored glasses to see
significant evidence that it actually happens. Somalia seems to be the
authoritarian's favorite example, but Somalia lacks any institutions at
all, and I may be wrong but I don't think anyone is suggesting you can just
erase government and all institutions and expect everything to be hunky
dory.