John Young <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>Phill Hallam-Baker is mentioned as having been required
>in a separate 1994 case to pay a "substantial" amount to
>Godfrey for libel.

I'd be interested as well to see what Phill said.  Also I wonder what
"substantial" means?

I can't say I'm surprised that Phill had to make a payout.  Phill
over the years has made several rather boorish statements about me in
various public forums.  For my "crime" of supporting the 2nd
amendment Phill has used language such as "crazed bunch of whackos"
and referring to me by name "I don't believe that you are an
individual who should be permitted to own a firearm. I don't think
you use it for hunting, I think you use it as a prop for your ego."
Phill has also questioned in veiled and not so veiled language as to
my mental heath, at one point he publicly worried that "scarry
friends of mine might pay him a visit" etc.

Now that you bring up this Godfrey matter I can see the similarities.

Regards,   Matt-

Subscribe to Freematt's Alerts: Pro-Individual Rights Issues
Send a blank message to: [EMAIL PROTECTED] with the words subscribe FA
on the subject line. List is private and moderated (7-30 messages per month)
Matthew Gaylor,1933 E. Dublin-Granville Rd., PMB 176, Columbus, OH  43229
Archived at http://www.egroups.com/list/fa/