On Sun, 23 Jul 2000, Reese wrote:

> At 08:23 PM 23/07/00 -0400, Meyer Wolfsheim wrote:
>
>  >Aleph is a religious organization.
>
> Strong ties to one religion or another can be found within the Hezbollah,
> the IRA, et al.  Was Aum Shinrikyo NOT a religious .org?

Sure it was. So, according to your logic, the Muslims and the Catholics
should renouce their association their religions?

>  >You are basically calling for them to
>  >renounce their association with their religion? I am truly very surprised
>  >to see this said here.
>
> No, I'm calling for the individual members to renounce their association
> with a terrorist .org that has performed terrorist acts on native soil
> against fellow citizens.  The link you provided below says nothing about
> restructuring and replacement of former leaders.  The imprisoned Chizuo
> Matsumoto (aka Shoko Asahara) was not denounced until the group did the
> name change in Jan of 2000, nearly FIVE FUCKING YEARS after the sarin
> gas was released in the Tokyo subway.

Hrmm, it took the Catholic Church how many "fucking years" to apologize
for their complacency with the Holocaust? For the Inquisition? The
Crusades? Its treatment of women? Of gays and lesbians? How about things
like the St. Bartholomew Day Massacre?

Oh, wait. It hasn't apologized for all of those things.

> Silly you, learn from history, don't just parrot it.

Yes, silly me. I didn't realize that there was a difference between
religious groups such as the Catholics and religious groups such as
Aleph. I wasn't aware that you were the measure of who is worthy to
worship in their own way, and who must renounce their religions.

> Oh, I don't know.  How about die, Die, DIE!!!,,, Perhaps in the same
> manner they killed others?

Okay, let's stick all the white supremacists in gas chambers.

(For the satire impared, that is the opposite of what I believe should be
done. But it follows Reese's logic.)

> Like I said, it's sophist apologia.  Blame everything on those already
> imprisoned, preserve the ability of those not imprisoned to act.

First prove that they are guilty of something.

> Once again - correctly this time:

> No, you tried a redirect, by saying "I do not get the impression that
> she was stating that JYA should have second-guessed the Japanese
> government." and "Ms. Tsolis points out that a far more interesting
> discussion is not "should JYA do this" but instead "why should the
> Japanese government care?"  Sorry, but that second quote isn't
> supported by her text - not in my reply to her, or her email I replied
> to anyway.

Then we are interpretting it differently.

[snip]

> If he had an agenda, then the agenda outweighed whatever risk he might have
> perceived - net result, he didn't care about the risks.

Exactly.

>  >Now, what might he have wished to gain from leaking this
>  >information? That's a question worth discussing.
>
> Yes it is, if we can get past this happy-clappy kneejerk finger pointing on
> how the Japanese gov't is oppressing former Aum members.  Fuck them, and on
> with the discussion of why the Japanese gov't wants the list suppressed,,,

Okay then. Let it be stated, however, that you were the one who brought us
down this thorny path of "happy-clappy kneejerk finger pointing on how the
Japanese gov't is oppressing former Aum members."

> Reese
>
> ps- funny that you didn't address this (below).  Damned secretists.
> Or since this is about a "religious" .org, would that make you a mystery
> cultist?

What exactly is a "mystery cultist?"

>       Meyer Wolfsheim wrote:
>       >I am not interpretting your email to mean that you *want* more
>        documents about this leaked to cryptome
>
>       Yes, Meyer. I am not advocating posting more documents to cryptome.
>
>       -Kristen

- -MW-