On 12/22/2017 10:33 AM, grarpamp wrote:
https://papersplease.org/wp/2017/12/15/continuous-screening-means-continuous-surveillance-and-control/

Today the Identity Project joins more than 20 other
government-accountability and civil liberties organizations in a joint
letter opposing S. 2192, the “SECURE Act of 2017”, which  was
introduced in the Senate earlier this month and immediately placed on
the Senate calendar for a floor vote at any time.

The name of this bill is Newspeak. It is not about security, but about
surveillance and control of immigrants, borders, and international
travelers, including  U.S. citizens.

The long and the short of S. 2192 is that Trump get legal authority to build a wall, and put cameras and stuff all along the border, irrespective of any laws saying he cannot.

I cannot see how this impairs my rights, or anyone's rights, other than the right of invaders who hope to invade, kill me and take my stuff.

I come in and go out by airport, where I already get survielled, so this does not affect me in the slightest. In only affects people who are swimming the Rio Grande and suchlike.

---