‐‐‐‐‐‐‐ Original Message ‐‐‐‐‐‐‐
On Sunday, November 24, 2019 10:04 PM, jim bell <jdb10...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Notice that the exception called "Glomar" refers to the non-release of
> information that would tend to show that a specific person or persons were
> under some sort of criminal investigation.
> From:
> https://www.justice.gov/oip/blog/foia-update-oip-guidance-privacy-glomarization

this is true for DoJ / FBI, but in NatSec domain there are additional
considerations. (e.g.
https://unredacted.com/2010/01/07/foia-tip-7-glomar-response/ , which is still
a relevant ruling.)

i did however file an appeal:
"""

I am appealing this Glomar rejection. The NSA justified its Glomar Response
with generalized and abstract explanations that are insufficient to carry the
government’s burden of justifying its refusal to confirm or deny. To call a
public mailing list "SIGINT related material" is farcical.

Please answer this appeal with continued processing of my request. Please
confirm receipt of this appeal.

Best regards,
Martin Peck

""" -
https://www.muckrock.com/foi/united-states-of-america-10/cypherpunks-67282/#

we'll see what happens... (likely just a different denial :)

best regards,