‐‐‐‐‐‐‐ Original Message ‐‐‐‐‐‐‐
On Thursday, June 25, 2020 11:44 AM, John Young <j...@pipeline.com> wrote:

> "LulzSec (who by then was cooperating with the FBI)"
>
> https://www.justice.gov/opa/pr/wikileaks-founder-charged-superseding-indictment...
> In 2010, Assange gained unauthorized access to a government computer system
> of a NATO country. In 2012, Assange communicated directly with a leader of
> the hacking group LulzSec (who by then was cooperating with the FBI), and
> provided a list of targets for LulzSec to hack. With respect to one target,
> Assange asked the LulzSec leader to look for (and provide to WikiLeaks) mail
> and documents, databases and pdfs. In another communication, Assange told the
> LulzSec leader that the most impactful release of hacked materials would be
> from the CIA, NSA, or the New York Times. WikiLeaks obtained and published
> emails from a data breach committed against an American intelligence
> consulting company by an “Anonymous” and LulzSec-affiliated hacker. According
> to that hacker, Assange indirectly asked him to spam that victim company
> again.

it should be noted in 2011 at DEF CON Sabu the rat fuck was helping FBI NatSec
"hack the hackers" using DirtBoxes with custom exploit chains.

at first i thought this was just widely targeted, but they had to code a
blacklist over the course of two days at con. (how do I know this? their kit
had bugs, like any software, and denial of service meant DRT crash and
unobstructed egress ... for a little while :)

best regards,