On 07/31/2020 09:25 PM, Punk-BatSoup-Stasi 2.0 wrote:
> On Fri, 31 Jul 2020 19:14:24 -0700
> Mirimir <miri...@riseup.net> wrote:
>

>> I'm mocking the idea that anarchy is workable for the existing
>> population, generally.
>

>       so who the fuck you think are? =)
>
>       Oh yes, you're an enlightened elitist who thinks he's way above the
> 'existing population', though not in moral terms of course, because he's an
> 'utilitarian'.

I'm fundamentally a hedonist, in that having fun is my major goal in
life. But yes, I'm utilitarian. And a scientist.

I didn't say "above". Indeed, I'm among the least community minded here.
Right on the edge. It's just that I'm such a charming guy ;)

>> However, it's a hugely self-selected community, with an explicit social
>> contract, and members who don't play well get shunned and booted. I
>> really don't think that such a community would work for random sheeple.
>
>       So that's your argument against personal rights eh. Wait, your little
> community tale, whether real or imaginary, is not an argument. Then again,
> utilitarianism is even less of an argument.

There's no right to be a member of a voluntary organization.

>> So what's your path to anarchy? Love? Education? Kill the assholes?
>
>       That's not the subject at hand.

Who are you to define the "subject at hand"?

And it's a simple question, no? If you don't have an answer, I guess
that I default to mocking you for being uselessly dogmatic.

>>>     STILL, if people on this list were actually 'cypherpunks', instead of
>>> techno-fascist posers, then your comment would be as out of place as it
>>> should be.
>>
>> There are no rules here, my friend :)
>
>       Of course there are rules. Basic logical rules. The pertinent rule in
> this case being :  if you're not an anarchist, then you're not a cypherpunk,
> so what are you doing here?

So you say.

>       And just in case I need to spell out the painfully obvious. That's not
> a 'rule' to be 'enforced' by some 'owner' of some 'server'.
>

>       So tell me, what do you think about the demographics of the flu farce
> in germany? What's your opinion as Englightened Science Worshipper? Do you
> want more thermal cameras like our Agent Jim Bell? Here, some basic
> arithmetic :

I don't much care. We won't know how it will go for a year or two. It
could go away, or it could get worse, or another one could come along.
But human technological society is doomed, one way or another.

>       https://lists.cpunks.org/pipermail/cypherpunks/2020-July/081633.html

Being over 70, I'd rather not be surrounded by masses of infected
idiots. And damn, I'm glad that I don't live in Texas or California. Or
the South, generally. However, I do see the logic of letting old folks
die, and trashing the economy less. But then, a trashed economy releases
less CO2, so maybe that's a good thing.

So overall, I don't care much.