> we 3d printed a gear bearing !!!
>

>>> it was print in place and spun smoothly !
>>>
>>> wanted to try to design it by self. this was really triggering T_T to
>>> try, almost no progress.
>>>
>>> hard month. lots of mc nebular storms and galactic collisions maybe :s
>>>
>>> it turns its hard to learn how to design an involute gear profile with a
>>> 52 degree angle of force (most tools only go up to 30 degrees) when you
>>> have been traumatically avoiding using the learning parts of your mind for
>>> 13 years.
>>>
>>> but maybe it would be nice to take a stab at it more :D
>>>

>> maybe first i’ll just try to make involute curves
>>
>> i’d like to maybe figure a formula for a curve, and then see it, but
>> using plotting code seems to activate an amnesia program now. maybe i could
>> put a parametric series of equations into wolfram alpha or something to
>> plot?
>>
>> it said an involute curve is like unwinding a spool of thread …
>>
>>> 5/24 something getting active now :/ unsure where that leaves workable
> areas
>
> we’re mostly nonfunctional today, looking for any activity. gear bearings
> were exciting, pretty hard to find exciting things

so if unwinding thread, basically the length of your line is equal to the
arc length it was unwound from.

we could describe that as a function of the angle of unwinding. for each
point on the circumference, there’d be an associated line length.

i’m thinking another trick might be that when pulling on the thread
anything nearer to the spool than the tangent point will pull away, so this
length would extend in the direction of the tangent. maybe not the most
intuitive explanation but describes conceptual dots.

ok so: tangent and arclength as function of angle maybe?

arclength not hard. C=pi*r*2 i think, so arclength = radians * radius i
think

then the tangent is the perpendicular to the normal, that is, the vertical
component is the cosine and the horizontal the sine, with one of them
negative and the other not.

ok. so we’d move from the point on the circumference, in the direction of
the tangent, by the arclength, for each angle of the curve. noting that
there’s only 1 curve shape for a given radius?
- (point on circumference) + (vector of tangent) * arclength
function of angle

  • Re: [spam][c... Undescribed Horrific Abuse, One Victim & Survivor of Many