Subject: censorware reveng under legal attack

from slashdot

A few weeks ago we ran Keep It Legal to Embarrass Big
           Companies, detailing Peacefire's decryption of X-Stop's
           blacklist. Then just a few days ago, we noted that CyberPatrol's
           encrypted list had also been cracked. Well, Mattel, the maker
           of CyberPatrol and a Big Company, decided it didn't like to be
           embarrassed -- so it's filing suit against the coders in Canada
           and Sweden. In addition to demanding the removal of the
           decryption utility, Mattel is also seeking the logfiles of the
           Swedish ISP that hosts the decryption utility, to identify
           everyone who has downloaded it to date.