At 01:53 PM 8/22/2000 -0400, you wrote:
>I'm of the opinion that an *attempted* crime should probably be
>punished as a crime.  The question is of action, knowledge, and
>intent, rather than result.

  oh no!  i *attempted* to hand-draw a naked eight-year-old
in a sexually compromising position, but due to my miserable
art skills, it came out like this:

           O+-<

  arrest me now!  (for my lack of drawing talent, if nothing else :-) )

  riiiight

-landon

  [heh, i did a search: anyone who's installed diablo II has the
   above depiction of an 8-year-old kid embedded in one of the
   data files.  oooh, evil child pornographers, we knew *that* game
   was bad and godless and stuff, get thee out, out!]