Somebody wrote:

> I, in particular (and many other Cpunk Movement members) do not
> consider People That Control Armed Men to be "us" and will not identify
their snitching
> capabilities with my well-being.

So "Cypherpunks" is a political movement, then? You are cohesive, and, as
frequently pointed out, have a written doctrine. (i.e., "read the archives,
twit" seems to echo in my mind). You have meatspace meetings, and members
which identify with you as a "movement."

*ponder*

AN ACT
To protect the United States against certain un-American and subversive
activities by requiring registration of Crypto-Anarchist Networks, and for
other purposes.

TITLE I - CRYPTO-ANARCHIST ACTIVITIES CONTROL

Section 1. (a) This title may be citied as the "Crypto-anarchist Subversive
Activities Control Act of 2002."

NECESSITY FOR LEGISLATION

Sec. 2. As a result of evidence adduced before various committees of the
Senate and House of Representatives, the Congress hereby finds that --
(1) There exists a world Anarchist movement which, in its origins, its
development, and its present practice, is a world-wide revolutionary
movement whose purpose it is, by treachery, deceit, infiltration into other
groups (governmental and otherwise), espionage, sabotage, terrorism, and any
other means deemed necessary, to establish an Anarchist World Disorder
through the medium of world-wide anarchist disorganization.
(2) The direction and control of the world Crypto-anarchist movement is
vested in and exercised by world-wide criminal networks aided by foreign
intelligence agencies hostile to the interests of the United States.
(3) These networks establish, or causes the establishment of, and utilizes,
in various countries, action organizations which are not free and
independent organizations, but are sections of a world-wide
Anarchist-Criminal Conspiracy, and are controlled, directed, and subject to
the discipline of shadow networks who have as their aim the subversion of
United States intelligence gathering capabilities.
(4) Of these groups, crypto-anarchist organizations endeavor to carry out
the objectives of these unholy alliances by bringing about the overthrow of
existing governments by any available means, including force if necessary,
and setting up Criminal dictatorships. Although such organizations usually
designate themselves as political parties, non profit organizations and
loose affiliations of individuals, they are in fact constituent elements of
the world-wide Criminal-Anarchist movement and promote the objects of such
movement by conspiratorial and coercive tactics, instead of through the
democratic process of a free elective system or through the
freedom-preserving means employed by a political party which operates as an
agency by which people govern themselves.
(5) In carrying on the activities referred to above, these organizations in
various countries are organized on a secret, conspiratorial basis and
operate to a substantial extent though organizations, commonly known as
nonprofit organizations, mailing lists and intellectual societies, which in
most circumstances are created and maintained, or used, in such a manner as
to conceal the facts as to their true character and purposes, and their
membership, and to serve as a recruitment vehicle.
(6) The agents of Crypto-Anarchy have devised clever and ruthless espionage,
sabotage and subversive tactics which are carried out in many instances in
form or manner successfully evasive of existing law.
(7) The Crypto-Anarchist network in the United States is inspired and
controlled in a large part by foreign agents, who communicate with them in a
"sneaky" manner.
(8) Crypto-Anarchists represent a clear and present danger to the national
security of these United States, and make it necessary, that Congress, in
order to provide for the common defense, to preserve the sovereignty of the
United States as an independent nation, and to guarantee unto each state a
republican form of government, enact appropriate legislation in recognition
of this conspiracy, and to prevent it from accomplishing its purpose in the
United States.

DEFINITIONS

Sec. 3. For the purposes of this title--
(2) The term "organization"...includes a group of persons, whether or not
incorporated, permanently or temporarily associated together for joint
action on any subject or subjects.
(3) The term "crypto-anarchist infiltrated organization" means....

PROHIBITED ACTS

(It gets nasty here, you don't want to know.)

~Aimee