Tim May wrote:

>I recently got an "UltimateTV" hard disk recorder, manufactured by >Sony and part of
>the Microsoft/WebTV/DirecTV product consortium (or >whatever it is).

Alert the fucking media.

>FWIW, I paid $250 at Circuit City (after $200 in rebates), plus I >signed up for the
>$10 a month subscription which enables the most important programming features. I
>don't have time to write a review here of the features,

Why? Missing some TV? Gotta go give a five-part gardening update on Usenet? Find some
new restaurants to bitch about? What the fuck, one would think a layabout pensioner
like you would have all the time in the world.

>but I'm very happy with the options it gives me.

Thus spake the armchair overman.

>(I encourage people not to bother writing replies that are either of >the form "TV is
>a waste of time".

But nevertheless the question remains as to why a self-proclaimed terrorist mastermind
such as yourself isn’t doing something far more socially redeeming--say for instance,
using your secret research facility to create Cf-251 bullets for your 50 caliber.
Actually, if you assume an atom density of 5x10^22 atoms/cm^3 (similar to uranium,
neptunium, and plutonium) you get MFP = 1/(6.5 x 10^-24)*(5 x 10^22) = 3.08 cm,
resulting in a bare sphere critical radius of 2.7 cm, and a critical mass of 1.7 kg:
one-sixth that of plutonium-239. Now the real trick here is for a genius like you to
surround it with a good reflector and push it down substantially below 1
kg--potentially in the "gram range". And with a good implosion system, you could
expect explosive yields from as little as ~200 g. Chop chop old man, tempus fugit.

Nah, better just stick to TV.

--
Safe-email.net (SSL) - http://www.safe-email.net