At 06:27 PM 2/11/2002 -0600, Jim Choate wrote:

>Oh, there are no 'hereditary rights'. You can't inherit a right from your
>parents. You're simply born with it.

You should take this up with Mr. Paine.  My copy of his collected works
shows numerous references to the term he applied to the rights monarchs
insisted they possessed.  You may disagree that the monarch's claims were
valid but few did openly for untold thousands of years.  It will be
interesting to see whether our notion of inalienable (not to mention those
of the founders) is still a zeitgeist in a hundred years of so or whether
self-governance was just a failed experiment.

steve