On Wed, 20 Feb 2002, Faustine wrote:

> In my opinion, people who care about these sorts of issues can't afford to miss
> them.

In my opinion it is possible to spend too much time reading others works
and not enough time thinking about them and ones own views. The reality
is that if a single one of these papers had any real application to the
real world problems they'd stand out light a nova in a eclipse.
Unfortunately they don't, and probably won't since the sorts of research
and dialog (and I use that term loosely) is limited.

One would do better, for themselves and society, if they were to read to
the point they think they understand the problem and then quit reading and
start modelling. The solution(s) will not only be unexpected but they will
come from unexpected sources.

"Study nature, not books."

         Louis Agassiz

                James Choate - [EMAIL PROTECTED] - www.ssz.com