Seth Finkelstein wrote:
      <Dell's statement>
>     "We recently received an order from a customer whose company name
>     included the word "combat." We cancelled the order to give us enough
>     time to follow up with the customer and be assured that the sale
>     would be in compliance with U.S. export law."

Sounds bogus, since they apparently never contacted Weigand.

>         Myself, I would have thought that the word "Handguns" would
> have been a stronger flag than "Combat".

That might also catch "Handgun Control, Inc" (yah, I know they've
changed their name recently), and they're the gooooood guys. Or maybe
Dell's censorware programmer just didn't think of it.

>         Remember this incident the next time anyone tries to claim
> that censorware is so much better now.

Yep.

--
Steve Furlong    Computer Condottiere   Have GNU, Will Travel

progress depends on the unreasonable man.  -- George Bernard Shaw