> Sharing copyrighted material in order to get the same is the only working
> example that I can see. If someone can point to reason why large number of
> people would give a fuck about fighting censorship, enhancing privacy and
> anonymity, I'd like to be enlightened. With working real-world examples.
> Unemployed cypherpunks do not count.

It is not necessary for the entire population to adopt a technology; merely
a user-base of sufficient size to forfill the technical & social requirements
of the project leaders. Visions of world domination are for
propaganda, not for actualisation. The 95% of the population which
comprise the flock have never been my target, and neither should
they be yours; it's the 2.5% percent at either end of the normal that
I find in my sights, one to be cherished and the other to be destroyed.

--
 Julian Assange        |If you want to build a ship, don't drum up people
                       |together to collect wood or assign them tasks and
 [EMAIL PROTECTED]          |work, but rather teach them to long for the endless
 [EMAIL PROTECTED]  |immensity of the sea. -- Antoine de Saint Exupery