At 8:03 AM -0800 3/14/03, Steve Schear wrote:
>Wonder what happens when one of the tags is placed in a microwave
>oven.  Its likely to do some instant damage without harming many tagged
>articles, if they aren't left in long.  I would think that the RFID
>manufactures would WANT to design their tags for such easy destruction to
>placate consumer privacy fears.

Some doctors recommend microwaving clothing to inhibit diseases that can
live in the clothing and re-infect the wearer.  I don't know what will
happen to dry-clean only stuff.

Cheers - Bill

Bill Frantz           | Due process for all    | Periwinkle -- Consulting
(408)356-8506         | used to be the         | 16345 Englewood Ave.
[EMAIL PROTECTED] | American way.          | Los Gatos, CA 95032, USA