At 07:37 PM 4/3/03 -0600, Neil Johnson wrote:
I think I know what my "ethical" choice a the time would have been.
And afterward, I probably would have regretted it, realizing the can of worms
I had just opened.

Well, it's not too clear what the big moral difference is between killing a few hundred thousand civilians with one big bomb, or with a whole bunch of smaller bombs. Some of the implications of a single bomb that can destroy a big chunk of a city (and with more advanced ones, can destroy the whole city) are pretty nasty, but I don't think those implications are mainly moral ones. Either it's wrong both to firebomb Dresden and to nuke Hiroshima, or it's okay to do both.

Neil Johnson

--John Kelsey, [EMAIL PROTECTED]