Title: New Articles Up

TopKayaker.Net/ Sit-on-topKayaking.com
You are subscribed to topkayakernews as: [EMAIL PROTECTED] - Please Remove Me

SPRING - March - April 2004:

TOM'S TOPKAYAKER SHOP: Tom has two new books out!. Also, just got in our 2004 season gear. Navigation tools, aquapac waterproof cases, dive flags, more....Remodeled a bit as well. Worth a visit: TopKayaker Shop Index of Products

NEW ARTICLES UP!

Topo Maps, GPS & UTM Grid Readers: a supplement to KAYAK NAVIGATION Discover how to read the UTM coordinates on a topo map for use with your GPS. This article will introduce you to the UTM grid system used in GPS & Topo Maps. Learn how to take waypoints from your GPS and pinpoint that place on a topo map.

Also, revisit: KAYAK NAVIGATION: Planning Your Route & Finding Your Way This article tells you how to prepare Charts & Topo Maps for easy safe navigating through unfamiliar territory, low visibility, and complicated water ways. Learn the basics, how to use map and compass and nautical navigation tools.

Dive Flag Use & Regulations for the Kayak Diver Divers, Snorklers, Free Divers and Swimmers can benefit from the safety of a dive flag. Local and Federal laws require that a dive flag be flow from any vessel that has divers in the water. Get ideas on how you can mount a dive flag pole to your kayak.

You can also rediscover any of the many varied articles in our Articles Section

BEST OF FORUM As usual, The Forum is happening! 1175 Registered Members. Thanks to all of you who participate.

CALENDAR

  • 2004 Calendar Is Up! Your Local Kayak Events Are Welcome! Send us your dates for Demo Days, Races, Lessons, Shows and any event that includes SOT kayaks. Anyone and everyone is welcome to submit, shops, clubs, schools etc. Send date, type of event, where, and contact info. Make sure we have your event in time!

REVIEWS: Share your perspective of kayaks you have paddled with others who want to know. Other gear reviews on paddles, PFDs and assorted accessories welcome.

  • Kayak Reviews New Reviews are up for:
    Splash-Crescent
    Rrrapido-Ocean Kayak
    Tarpon-W.S.
    Scrambler-Ocean Kayak
    Malibu Two-Ocean Kayak
    Mainstream Tango
    Pro Explorer-Malibu Kayaks
    Hobie Odyssey

CLASSIFIEDS: New ads have been placed in Texas, Ohio, New Hampshire, California and Louisiana. We welcome individuals who have a kayak to sell or who are seeking a used boat.

TOM'S TOPKAYAKER SHOP: Looking for a kayak accessory that is hard to find? Ask Tom at the links on site & he will help you track it down. We hope you will visit his on-line shop for all your SOT kayak gear needs. We are adding new, quality, and hard to find products all the time.

  • NEW: A range of Navigation tools for planning and plotting your kayak course.
  • NEW: Water Proof Cases for Cameras, Phones, VHF & FRS/GMRS Radios, GPS & Chart Cases.
  • NEW: Kayak Diving Accessories, Dive Flags, Pole mounts, & Anchors.
  • NEW: Two new titles by Tom Holtey from GeoOdyssey, in our book section:"Kayak Navigation Basics" & "Cold Water Kayaking" New books by Tom expanding our website articles on these subjects. Both good "spring reads." Get your charts prepared for your touring trips this summer. Spring has dangerous water temps and luring air temps, learn how to protect your self.

Spring has sprung! Time to plan those summer trips and break out the kayak gear to prepare it for this years paddling season. We look forward to hearing about your adventures and challenges and to a new year of paddling in cyberspace with you.

Tom & Athena Holtey
http://www.TOPKAYAKER.NET

You are currently subscribed to topkayakernews as: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
To unsubscribe click on this link: - Please Remove Me