Stefan Behnel, 24.11.2010 09:22:
> Stefan Behnel, 23.11.2010 10:34:
>> There also seems to be a problem with the test runner that makes the
>> py3regr tests hang (with --no-fork or XML result output). Apparently,
>> certain test failures leak into subsequent test runs. Running the two tests
>> "test_compileall" and "test_gzip" hangs reliable for me in py3k, after a
>> compiler crash in the first. The weird thing about it is that the gzip test
>> doesn't normally compile because it uses a genexpr in combination with
>> "sorted()", but it compiles without errors after the crash in the
>> compileall test. I faintly remember that we have a way to disable
>> termination on compile errors, maybe that's not getting properly cleaned up
>> here.
>
> I don't currently have much time to debug this, so in case someone wants to
> throw in another pair of eyes, the following reliably fails for me in the
> latest py3k:
>
> python3.2 runtests.py -3 --no-cleanup -vv --sys-pyregr --no-fork \
>             --no-file --no-unit --no-doctest --no-cpp 'test_(dict|dis)$'
>
> Both tests should fail in the compiler ("generators not supported"), but
> when test_dict is run before test_dis, the second fails in gcc.

I found a bit of time to fix this. The pyregr tests in py3k are runnable
again and we are up from ~2000 to ~3000 tests in total. Since the
compilation now properly fails for generators and genexprs, the test count
in Py2.7 went down from ~4600 to ~3000 tests as well.

https://sage.math.washington.edu:8091/hudson/job/cython-devel-tests-pyregr-py3k-c/test/?width=800&height=600

https://sage.math.washington.edu:8091/hudson/job/cython-devel-tests-pyregr-py27-c/test/?width=800&height=600

I still think that the test results are worth looking at. There may be some
low hanging fruit left for 0.13.1.

Stefan