On Oct 1, 2008, at 7:34 PM, Richard Esplin wrote:

> 1. No matter how I quote 'id' or "id" the interpreter sees it as the
> built-in
> python function:
>
> dabo.dException.FieldNotFoundException: Field '<built-in function
> id>' does
> not exist in the data set
>
> 2. The ClassDesigner sometimes, but not always, stores the XML encoded
> <built-in function id> as the DataField when I give it 'id'. It hasn't
> mangled any of the aliases 'ID', 'rowid', etc, I have seen this
> happen at
> least twice.

        Confirmed as a bug. It stores "id" correctly initially, but running
the form or re-loading a saved form causes the error. I will look into
this.

> 3. The other aliases for the id field are still not seen by the
> interpreter:
> dabo.dException.FieldNotFoundException: Field 'ID' does not exist in
> the data
> set

        Python is case-sensitive; "id" != "ID".

        "id" is a perfectly valid name for a database column, and thus
perfectly valid for a DataField. I'll have a fix ASAP.

-- Ed Leafe