On Oct 2, 2008, at 12:35 PM, Richard Esplin wrote:

> Is your SVN tree usually pretty stable, or should I be wary about
> using it in
> production?

        Generally, yes, it's fairly stable, although we have had a few
commits that broke things. Those are usually cleaned up pretty
quickly, but they can be a pain when they happen.

        We have a feature called WebUpdate that it is a good compromise
between formal release and bleeding-edge repository versions. What
this is a series of snapshots that are taken between releases that
push out new features and bug fixes when we are satisfied that the
code is solid enough. Unfortunately, we are currently in the middle of
a series of rather major changes in anticipation of our 0.9 release.
There has been some compatibility breaks (i.e., we no longer support
Python 2.3 and wxPython earlier than 2.8), as well as some serious
code cleanup. Once 0.9 is released, WebUpdate will once again be
available. WebUpdate can be configured to check for updates
automatically, or only when you choose to check.

-- Ed Leafe