freek verstringe wrote:
> yes it is
>
> johnf schreef:
>> On Wednesday 22 April 2009 12:31:57 pm freek verstringe wrote:
>>
>>> Hmm, actually I was trying to prefill with the last defined in database
>>> and then adding 1 to the id...
>>>

>> is this an auto-incremment type field?

class MyBizobj(dabo.biz.dBizobj):
    def initProperties(self):
        self.DataSource = "MYTABLE"
        self.KeyField = "regprod"

        # (field_alias, field_type, pk, table_name, field_name, field_scale)
        self.DataStructure = (
            ("regprod", "N", True, "MYTABLE", "regprod"),
            ("f1", "M", False, "MYTABLE", "f1"),
            )

        #self.DefaultValues['<field_name>'] = <value_or_function_object>
        self.Encoding = 'UTF-8'

    def afterInit(self):
        self.DataSource = "MYTABLE"
        self.KeyField = "regprod"
        self.addFrom("MYTABLE")
        self.addField("regprod")
        self.addField("f1")

If you define your bizobj sililar to the above, Dabo will fille the pk
for you. Of cause you will have to define your table DDL accordingly
as a autoincrement pk.

BTW: Please do not top post as it makes reading harder.

Uwe