On May 10, 2009, at 4:15 AM, Sibylle Koczian wrote:

>>      I'm not crazy about flushing the value after every keypress;
>> that's a
>> lot of unnecessary overhead. I was thinking that perhaps the call to
>> setFocus() after the calendar is dismissed was somehow not working
>> correctly, which would shortcut the call the activeControlValid(),
>> and
>> thus leaving the stale value in the bizobj.
>
> What I don't understand: why does the bizobj get such a preliminary
> value from the form at all? Shouldn't it only get a changed value on
> leaving the control?

        If the value is None, the calendar is created with the current date,
as there is no way to show None in a calendar. That value is properly
sent to the bizobj, but when the calendar gets focus, a selection is
made, and then the calendar dismissed, the textbox is updated, but
unless focus is returned to the textbox, the activeControlValid() will
not find it and flush its value. This only seems to happen in Gtk, so
that's why I was thinking it was a platform-specific problem with
focus, and why the "solution" was the overkill approach of flushing
the value on each keypress.

-- Ed Leafe