On Jul 12, 2009, at 5:00 PM, Carey Gagnon wrote:

>    statesdropdown = SPLDropdown(self, DataSource = ClientBizobj,
> DataField
> = "stateprov")

        [snip]

> SPLDropdown is the RegID I gave to the drop down list.

        You're confusing RegID, which is a sort of shortcut for making
referring to existing objects easily, with a class definition. The
first line above is attempting to create an instance of the class
'SPLDropdown', which obviously is not a class.

        You said that you gave the dropdown a RegID; where exactly did you do
that?

        To create the dropdown, the code would look something like:

        statesdropdown = dabo.ui.dDropdownList(self, DataSource=ClientBizobj,
DataField="stateprov", RegID="SPLDropdown")

-- Ed Leafe