tim awa wrote:
> Using the AppWizard setup.py as reference, I created a ui folder with
> an empty __init__.py and then put there the frmReportBase.py. I then
> ran buildwin.bat and the print button worked in the exe version.

Ah, it just clicked why this wasn't working for you: you had the 'import
dReportWriter' inside a .cdxml file, and py2exe doesn't know to look for
  imports inside a cdxml, so it didn't bundle dReportWriter in the exe.

As soon as you included a file that did include that file, the cdxml
file inside the exe was able to import the included dReportWriter.

> I am not using frmReportBase.py in my app as my app runs ok without it
> in ClassDesigner or in python mode.

You can remove FrmReportBase.py, and just include the line:

import dabo.dReportWriter

in your project's main file.

> A nice weekend to everyone.

You too!