Ed,

The reason I wrapped the execute with dDataSet was that I ran into a problem
issuing further execute statements on the result.
I'll have to track it down but if I recall this was the sitation...

        myqueryresult = reportDS.execute('select * from dataset')

        myqueryresult.execute('select * from dataset where whatever')

Would throw an exception saying myqueryresult was a list and had no execute
attribute or something like that.

Thanks for the input.

Larry

[excessive quoting removed by server]