On Tuesday 20 October 2009 07:00:30 pm David Henry wrote:
> Just a quick note.  I found the following:
>
> "The 2.0Beta binaries DO have SSL support and would recommend them
> even tho
> it has 'Beta' in the name.
>

> To use SSL, add the following parameter to the connect string:
>    sslmode=
>       disable  - No SSL
>       allow    - First try non SSL, then try SSL
>       prefer   - First try SSL, then non-SSL connection
>       require  - Only try SSL connection
> ie:
>
> # Connect up to the test database using only SSL support
> #
> c = psycopg2.connect("host=test user=test dbname=test sslmode=require")
> "
> So it looks fairly straight forward.
>
> -David
>
> On Oct 20, 2009, at 8:17 PM, John wrote:
> > On Tuesday 20 October 2009 04:35:32 pm David Henry wrote:
> >> Hi,
> >>
> >> I am new to the list.  Does Dabo support PostgreSQL or MySQL SSL
> >> connections?
> >>
> >> I didn't see this option on the Connection Manager.
> >>
> >> Thanks,
> >> David
> >
> > I can say that the connection string does not pass the SSL setting for
> > Postgres because I did not account for it.  Adding the setting would
> > not be
> > difficult.  But I wonder if it would work?
> >
> > I tried to find doc's on SSL for psycopg2 and discovered little.  If
> > psycopg2
> > is the client.  How does it handle the communication to process the
> > certificate information.
> >
> > I don't have a postgres install that uses SSL.  So I know little
> > about what is
> > required.  If you know what is required I'm willing to work with you
> > (or
> > anyone that has the information) to get the support working.
> >
> > Johnf

David, do you have a ssl Postgres database setup?

I found that same link earlier.  Also note that you might have to change
the "setup.py" for psycopg2 by setting SSLMode = 1.   But does psycopg2
handle all the communications?  I'm unable to determine that information.
IOW what else is needed - maybe nothing.

Here are my questions:

1. Does postgres act as the SSL server - I doubt that.
2. Does psycopg2 handle all the communications from the SSL server?

Johnf