On 7/27/10 5:44 AM, Ed Leafe wrote:

> I think what's going on here is that when the application started up,
> it didn't find anything in the 'biz' directory, so there was nothing
> to import; hence, 'self.Application.biz' was None, instead of a
> module reference. The reason for that is that Dabo does a lot of
> "magic" stuff when it starts up to get all those references into
> handy namespaces for you, but there is no good way to update them
> while the app is running. If you launch the Class Designer now, do
> you still get that error?

Yes.

> If so, open a Command Window (ctrl-d), and
> type 'self.Application.biz', then press Enter. It should either print
> a module reference, or nothing. If it's nothing, then it seems that
> something is not quite right at startup.

Python 2.6.5 (r265:79359, Mar 24 2010, 01:32:55)
 >>> self.Application.biz
 >>>

> The 'self.requery()' line really should be in the afterInit() method
> of the form. It probably doesn't make a huge difference, but you
> generally want to make sure that the form is fully instantiated
> before you call methods that might affect it.

Ah... fixed that; for some reason I'm having a lot harder time following
this tutorial than say, the Step-by-step.  Seems like I get ahead of
things, and then when I see the next screen shot it doesn't look quite
like what I have - until I go back and re-read things c-a-r-e-f-u-l-l-y
;) and put them right.  Probably more a loose connection between the
screen and keyboard (i.e. the user) than anything else...