On Tuesday, May 10, 2011 11:18:58 am Paul McNett wrote:
> On 5/10/11 10:49 AM, John Fabiani wrote:
> > I have noted that Hank Fay (VFP'er) has been blogging about Dabo.
>
> You mean this? :
> http://blog.prosysplus.com/2010/12/reset-tools-and-frameworks.html
>
> Paul

He has been interested in Dabo for a while.  He also has made references on
UT.

It's been a sad story for Hank (IMHO).  He really bought into the .Net thing
and has suffered as a result.  First he quickly discovered that .Net did
little to help his CRUD apps, then went for IronPython.

At first he thought mono was going to be his cross platform solution - that
did not go well.  BTW Mono might be a moot issue today with Novel laying off
all the developers.  Then M$ drop direct support for IronPython.  So the only
tech that is working for him has python.

He also is reviewing other tech (as all of do).  Right now is talking about
Lianja - www.lianja.com.  I'm not sure how it works but looks like something
we should all be aware.

Johnf