On Aug 8, 2011, at 9:20 AM, Bob K. wrote:

> I did quite a bit of work yesterday, and today the dabo class designer won’t
> open my saved class.  these are the files in the ui folder:
>
> __init__.py
> __init__.pyc
> ChemicalsForm.cdxml
> ChemicalsForm.py
> tmpd2ep-m.cdxml
> tmpi-eoer.cdxml
> tmpxfrji-.cdxml
> tmpxop-xy.cdxml

        You can delete the tmp* files - they can be left behind when the Class
Designer encounters an exception when running a form.

> also, I noticed several times that my changes weren’t being saved.  I would
> make a change, run the application, and then select save. if I exited dabo
> and then later re-started it the last changes weren’t there.  I tried ‘save
> as’ and ‘save as runnable app’.  it finally got to the point where I would
> ‘save' as’, then ‘save’, then ‘save as runnable app’ to be sure my work
> wasn’t lost. I re-installed dabo, and then installed it another machine, but
> I still can’t open the ChemicalsForm.cdxml file.

        Unless it contains sensitive information, could you post the file? If
it's small enough you can include its text in your reply, but a better choice
would be to post it to dabo.codepad.org.

        It sounds like some sort of exception is being raised, which is keeping
the saving process from being completed. Are you by chance running from a
cmd.exe session? If so, can you check that window for any traceback
information? If not, please try running cmd.exe and launching the Class
Designer from that session, as this will ensure that any tracebacks don't
instantly disappear when the session ends.

> running on windows 7

        Could you include the full system info? You can get that by running any
Dabo app, such as the Class Designer, and opening the "About" item from the
Help menu. There is a button in that dialog you can click to copy that info to
the clipboard, and then paste it into your reply.

-- Ed Leafe