But you have me confused.

extremely sorry for confusing you.
I will put my plan in a concise way again (at the bottom of this mail)

>> As I understand your needs you have a simple parent->child relationship.
>> Where
'dist' is a child of 'stat'.  So when you say you want to display all the
records in 'dist' unfiltered I don't understand the reason.  Maybe you do not
realize that it is possible to display all the filtered records at once?

I will make this up but I believe it is a typical situation that presents it's
self to programmers daily.  You have a parent  (lets say 'stat') table and you
have a child ('dist') table.  This relates to other parent->child relationship
i.e Customers -> orders.

With Dabo you would setup the relationship just like we have already done.
Next you would create two grids,  Grid1 would contain the list of parents
(stat) and Grid2 would contain the filtered records of the child (dist).
As you move to different rows in Grid1 the records will automatically change
>>in Grid2 to match whatever row (record) is in Grid1.

On my 'dist' display form, following format will be there ---

dist name    stat name    action(edit/delete) link

dist1            stat1            edit/del
dist2           stat2           edit/del
etc.

Therefore, there is no 'stat' grid (Grid1) required on this form (to set the
record pointer to correct dist record).
All the dist records are to be displayed on this form, so that the user can
choose one from them.
This I plan to populate from an independent TempCursor for 'dist'

When the user clicks on 'edit' link, the pointer in distBizObj will be set to
that record.
Further actions can be handled by distBizObj's methods.

I hope that this sounds OK.   Does it?

So far so good for a simple parent->child relationship.
I have other cases where the relationships are complex.
To keep this mail short, I have posted a separate mail regarding that matter.
Thanks,
Vineet

multipart/alternative
  text/html