Subject: Re: [dabo-users] complex relationship : how to define

Am 12.08.2011 11:05, schrieb Vineet Deodhar:
> For simple relationships of bizobjs, I can handle the bizobj coding.
> Now I have come across the a tricky relationship.
>
> A simplified version of tables is reproduced below---
>
> 'model' : table contains info about car-models
> fields :  (mdlid, mdlcode, mdlname)
>
> 'extwarr' : table contains definitions about standard warranties. (a model
> can have one or more extwr associated with it)
> fields : (extwrid, extwrcode, extwrname)
>
> 'mdlwar' : glue table containing info about 'modelwise associated warranties'
> fields : (mdlwrid, mdlid, extwrid)
>
> I have defined bizobjs for these 3.
> 'mdlwr' has 2 parent tables&  therefore 2 FK fields.
> I got stuck while defining 'ParentLinkField' property.
>      mdlwarBizObj.ParentLinkField = ??!!
> because there are 2 parent tables for 'mdlwar' child table&  therefore 2 link
> fields, how to define them?
> I searched the docs of dBizObj to see whether I can pass there a list of
> fields, but it accepts only 1 argument.
There is an example for this in the PyCon 2010 tutorial: "Creating the
Many:Many Relationship between Recipes and Categories".
HTH
Sibylle
Thanks for your reply.
I have already referred the pycon 2010 tutorial before posting my query.
In that, self.DataStructure property is defined.
But I fail to understand how, without using LinkField property, the relations
to 2 parent tables is set in that.

-------Vineet

multipart/alternative
  text/html