Hi, I'm trying to write a sort of mini-framework that will let me
create many small, similar GUI apps in a streamlined way.  (These apps
are actually psycholinguistic experiments -- i.e., experiment subjects
sit down and use the app and it records responses for them for
analysis.)

        In so doing, I'd like to be able to pass information into the main
form class for my app.  For instance, I'd like to be able to pass it a
list of dPanel subclasses which it will automatically organized into a
sequence that is stepped through as users progress through the
experiment.  I found an old post (http://old.nabble.com/Passing-
parameters-td9522965.html) which describes a means of passing
information to a newly-constructed GUI object.  However, I can't see how
to do this for the main form of the app, because I don't instantiate
that class directly.  I just do:

app = dabo.dApp()
app.MainFormClass = MyForm

        How can I add information to tweak this?  I'd like to be able to do
something like:

app = dabo.dApp(MainFormClass=MyForm, projectName="Some project",
datafile="some file", etc="and so on")

        I could of course just add data to MyForm by doing

MyForm.projectName = "Some project"
MyForm.datafile = "some file"
MyForm.etc = "and so on"

        . . . before starting the app, but that seems rather hackish to me.
What is the right way in Dabo to specify "extra" information that is
needed when starting an app or instantiating a control?

Thanks,
--
--OKB (not okblacke)
Brendan Barnwell