On Mar 6, 2012, at 1:27 PM, Paul McNett wrote:

> The examples you cite do not, in and of themselves, suggest making a subclass
> in
> Dabo, although they sure did in VFP.

        While it's certainly easier to do in Dabo, I tend to be lazy. If I have
to add dozens of controls with the same changes across many forms, I'd rather
define the subclass once and then use that in all my forms.

> hs.append(dabo.ui.dTextBox(self, DataField="name", **dataCtrlProps))

        I prefer the properties parameter rather than the ** form:

hs.append(dabo.ui.dTextBox(self, DataField="name", properties=dataCtrlProps))

        They both work the same, but that's what that parameter was created for.

-- Ed Leafe