Over the years, I've had occasional need for laying out a control left-aligned,
and
another control right-aligned, in the same horizontal sizer. I know there are
lots of
ways to do this but I finally figured out how to do it succinctly with a normal
dSizer:

{{{
vs = self.Sizer  ## vertical sizer in the form, panel, or whatever
left_control = dabo.ui.dCheckBox(self, Caption="left-aligned")
right_control = dabo.ui.dButton(self, Caption="right-aligned")
hs = dabo.ui.dSizer("h")
hs.append(left_control)
hs.appendSpacer(0, 1)  ## proportion=1
hs.append(right_control)
self.Sizer.append(hs, "expand")
}}}

Simply append a horizontal spacer and set its proportion to 1 to tell it to
take all
remaining available space. I guess I'd missed that spacers could have
proportion set.

Paul