John Fabiani wrote:

>  I guess I'm simple minded here!  What is wrong with binding the
>  control?
> object.bindEvent(dEvents.xxxxxxxx, self._function)
> or
> .Bind(wx.xxxxxxxx, function)
>
> You can even create your own events.

        What's wrong with it is it's a lot of boilerplate.  Decide the
event, write a function, in the function call update.  In general I feel
that if using a feature of the framework is requiring me to write a
bunch of similar, repetitive functions, it's a sign that that
functionality could be abstracted into the framework.  That may or may
not work in any individual case, but it's worth looking into.

--
--OKB (not okblacke)
Brendan Barnwell