Paul McNett wrote:

> On 3/30/12 2:26 PM, OKB (not okblacke) wrote:
>>           It seems that the various Dynamic* properties are only
>>           updated when
>> update() is called.  I'm not sure exactly when this is.  But my
>> question is, is there any way to get "truly dynamic" (i.e.,
>> instant response) behavior from these properties?  What I'd like
>> is, for instance, to have a button whose DynamicEnabled state
>> depends on values in another control.  I presume I could do this
>> by hooking into various events, but I'd really like to just have
>> the DynamicEnabled be evaluated as part of the default handling,
>> so that every change to the form would trigger a recalculation of
>> Dynamic* properties.  Is this possible?
>
> I think we should consider redesigning them to do what you suggest.

        That would certainly be nice.

        A possible middle ground would be a way to specify a list of events
and/or controls which a given control would "watch" for purposes of
Dynamic* evaluation.  So if my button depended on the value in a certain
spinner control, I could pass "Watch=[thatSpinner]" to the button's
constructor, and it would update itself whenever the thatSpinner object
changed.

--
--OKB (not okblacke)
Brendan Barnwell