Hi guys,

I'm still dealing with the flashing issue. To refresh everyone when adding some data to a table a flashing starts on only some windows computers and the problem goes away if a new profile is created. But it can return and there does not seem to be an obvious cause.

The users are reporting that it happens after adding data to a grid. The grid uses a dynamic DataSet - set to a method call to retrieve data. In the method I retrieve data via a simple select statement. But I have discovered the method to retrieve data is called in excess of 31 times (stop counting). Therefore, the grid.update() is being called a lot - something is wrong.

I have every call to an "update()" enclosed in a dabo.ui.callAfter() which is suppose to prevent multi-calls. So is there a way to determine what (why) is the root cause of all the update() calls? Of course my suspicion is there is a loop happening and that is root cause of the flashing.

below is the code for the grid. Please note the update() method - is that the wrong way to update the grid data?

class RestitutionLineItemGrid(dabo.ui.dGrid):

    def afterInit(self):
        super(dabo.ui.dGrid, self).afterInit()
        #self.super()
        self.RegID = 'res_grid_id'
        self.HeaderFontBold = True
        self.MovableColumns = True
        #self.DataSource = self.Form.getGlTransData()
        self.DataSet = self.Form.getGlTransData()

        self.addColumn(Name="dateid", Order=10, DataField="gltrans_date",
                       DataType="string", Width=40, Caption="Date",
Sortable=True, Searchable=False, Editable=False, HorizontalAlignment = 'Center')

col = dabo.ui.dColumn(self, Name="amount", Order=20, DataField="gltrans_amount",
                              DataType="string", Caption="Amount Rec",
Sortable=False, Searchable=False, Editable=True, Expand=False, HorizontalAlignment = 'Center')

    def update(self):
        try:
            self.DataSet = self.Form.getGlTransData()
            #super(dabo.ui.dGrid, self).update()
        except:
            pass