El 14/12/2013 13:04, Paul McNett escribió:
On 12/14/13 7:53 AM, Ricardo Aráoz wrote:
Hi, working with DataNav. I have no problems with my app in Ubuntu, but I'm
having
some trouble with accented characters (e.g. "áéíóú") in windows. I think the
problem
is I'm doing something wrong but can't figure out what.
I don't think you are doing anything wrong.

But there must be something wrong here because the dDropDownList shows a weird
character instead of an "ó".
Is wxPython on Windows the "unicode" version? Are you using a non-standard font
in
that dDropdownList?

Solved it.
Modifying the getMadres() method using decode() to :
    def getMadres(self):
        crs = self.getTempCursor()
        crs.execute("""select Id, Nombre
                            from Cuenta
                            order by Nombre""")
        ds = crs.getDataSet()

Choices = ['No Tiene'] + [reg['Nombre'].decode('utf8') for reg in ds]
        Keys = [None] + [reg['Id'] for reg in ds]

        return (Choices, Keys)

Now I think that's an issue.
Shouldn't the TempCursor behave like the rest of the Bizobj? Because in the bizObject I declare Encoding = "utf-8" and it handles the encoding stuff for me. Right now I've solved it, but if I'll be using a browse dialog for example (I will, and that's my next chore) I will be using a tempCursor but I'll have a hard time figuring out which fields to decode() as the fields at that level have already been converted to their appropriate types.