On 7/20/15, 10:41 AM, "James Cloos" <cl...@jhcloos.com> wrote:

>They should be at the same place even though multiple lookups are likely
>to be required anyway -- not everything will fully support an ANY query.

I like the idea of using a consistent encoding for anything that uses a
locator
constructed forma user name.  The use case for end user key material is
such that
multiple lookups cause far less pain than multiple lookups getting in the
way of
rendering a browser page.

>And I renew my (previously ignored) suggestion that they, along with
>tlsa records for client certs where the cn or other lookup -- such as
>a sip url or the like -- has an @ in it -- be under _at.
>
>Mapping @ to _at makes it easy to remember and easy to read.

Does it make sense to add encoding for the @ since the hashes are
unreadable?