David Roundy wrote:

> The conflict marking does depend on the order of changes in the repository,
> but this doesn't really matter, since conflict-marking is not fundamental
> to how darcs works.  It's something that's done to the working directory
> for the convenience of the user.  We could remove this feature and darcs
> would be just as correct (although rather more awkward to use).

Which reminds me - conflict markers are rather hard to use, because it's
not clear which change comes from which patch, and unless I'm mistaken the
order can vary from one file to another (perhaps even between hunks?).
Also, you don't get to see the original version of the file before either
patch.  I'd like to see something like

v v v v v v (original)
foo
bar