On 31 Jan 2008, at 11:51 AM, zooko wrote:

> I would suggest that strict get should be the default and lazy is a
> command-line option.

+1

The darcs wiki can describe how to make darcs run fast, with the
various tag/checkpoint/optimize-reorder tricks, and can also discuss
this along with the appropriate warnings.  The danger Zooko describes
below is scary.

Perhaps "darcs optimize --complete" would be a clear way to ensure
you've got a complete copy of the local repository (in addition to
remembering the tricks with "darcs changes" that David recommended in
a previous post.

-KQ