On Thu, Feb 21, 2008 at 10:57:55AM +0000, Simon Marlow wrote:
> Mark Stosberg wrote:
> >
> >Here's the report I made for the Darcs 2 release-critical issues. I used
> >the feature to save it so it appears in "Your Queries" in the sidebar.
> >
> >It shows that 2 of the 7 items on the list are resolved now.
> >
> >http://bugs.darcs.net/[EMAIL
> >PROTECTED],id,activity,status,assignedto&@sort=status&@group=priority&@filter=topic&@pagesize=50&@startwith=0&topic=24&@dispname=Fix%20For%20Darcs%202.0
>
> How about 699?  Unless I'm doing something completely bogus (don't think
> so), darcs2 has developed a new performance problem recently.

That's an important one.  I've been stalled for a couple of days trying to
fix 672 (the one where I get the weird ExitFailure 127 from runProcess),
which is also release-critical.

> What's the status of the bytestring support?  I believe it has a nasty
> problem with filenames containing spaces, but I'm stuck testing that due to
> issue 699.  Maybe if someone has a spare moment they could play around with
> some filenames with spaces in and see if they can provoke any problems -
> just a 'darcs check' was enough to show a problem for me, and 'darcs
> repair' left me with a corrupt repository.

I haven't tried bytestring support myself.  For now, I'm leaving that for
others to test and debug, since I've got more bug reports than I can handle
apart from that feature (which could always be disabled).
--
David Roundy
Department of Physics