Hi Gonçalo,

> I know amd released recently a new version of their amdgpu-pro driver
> that supports 16.04. Im also out of luck because linux 4.8 isn't
> supported in those drivers.

And I'm on 4.9 kernel!

> I think it's possible to use amdgpu-pro's opencl features up
> to kernel 4.6 (see https://www.sabeltand.net/amdgpu-1610/) but for
> more recent kernels it doesn't work...

This is a amdgpu-pro 16.60 out. Not sure it would work, but the above
procedure was for 16.40 version.

> I've been patiently waiting for some solution to get opencl working
> again but i don't get my hopes up... My next laptop will _NOT_ have
> an amd card...

Sure as I should have :(

> Regards and please share if you find some solution...

Sure, will do if I find something working.

Regards,

--
  Pascal Obry /  Magny Les Hameaux (78)

  The best way to travel is by means of imagination

  http://www.obry.net

  gpg --keyserver keys.gnupg.net --recv-key F949BD3B