Just an opinion from a devoted user... It might be a very useful tool for me. I
shoot a lot of sporting events. It's common for me to find a great shot ruined
because at the critical moment, the camera focused on the wrong player, or on
the goal keeper's net. Even if it can't be made efficient for the normal
workflow, it could still be a very useful tool, at least for me.

On October 11, 2017 3:03:44 AM CDT, Heiko Bauke <heiko.ba...@mail.de> wrote:
>Dear Aurélien,
>
>Am 10.10.2017 um 10:25 schrieb Aurélien PIERRE:
>> Following my work from this Summer, I'm glad to propose my first
>blind
>> deconvolution algorithm, written in Python, based on papers from
>> 2011-2014  : https://github.com/aurelienpierre/Image-Cases-Studies
>>
>> TL;DR :
>>
>> Blind deconvolution is a technique used in astronomy and microscopy
>> deblur pictures based on an estimation of the blur "profile" (SPF for
>
>> the geeks). This work on motion blur, focus blur, etc. A commercial
>> photo software get spectacular results with this technique :
>> http://relaunch.piccureplus.com/ (although it's not really blind).
>>
>> My code is a proof of concept which runs now (barely optimized)
>between
>> 50 and 275 s on a 2 Mpx image.
>>
>> I'm still looking for some help to port it in a Darktable module,
>since
>> I'm not a C developper (or at least some doc).
>
>I am still rather skeptic regarding the question if a blind
>deconvolution algorithm fits into the darktable workflow.  It may be
>computationally too demanding.  Nevertheless, this is a very
>fascinating
>topic and I will have a look at your code.  Thanks for your efforts.
>

>       Heiko
>

>--
>-- Number Crunch Blog @ https://www.numbercrunch.de
>--  Cluster Computing @ http://www.clustercomputing.de